Name:

I am a writer and researcher. I like to engage people with future thinking, ideas and news of new and interesting information. Some people might consider me a news addict, but I really enjoy sharing new stories and ideas with people on the web and in person. Someone once said "To be universally interesting, you need to be universally interested". That motto has served me well.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

suggested maintenance - that should be automatic

From the netobject v8 forums, and something that should have been posted on wsp site, emailed to everyone who has bought fusion, and should be in the manual, and ought to be automatic anyway (at least auto check with a dialogue box box pop up suggesting ways to make things better)
--------
Open the site in 7.5. Do some preventative maintenance clean-up. Remove
unused assets, unused master borders...reoptimize....remove dead
links....that sort of thing.
-----------

Doing these things seems to fix a lot of problems that other fusion users are having upgrading to the new version. My real question is, how many people out there are having serious problems with fusion and never find a newsgroup to get help?

I am going to give another try to fixing the issues we are experiencing, by trying to find any unused masterborders.... At this point I have been unable to update this site for 4 whole days, and have spent a majority of that time doing computer maintenance trying to find a way to fix these issues... 4 days and $100 later, still trying to get back to building web sites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home