Name:

I am a writer and researcher. I like to engage people with future thinking, ideas and news of new and interesting information. Some people might consider me a news addict, but I really enjoy sharing new stories and ideas with people on the web and in person. Someone once said "To be universally interesting, you need to be universally interested". That motto has served me well.

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Thank yous to WSP, Digital River, and the fusion newgroupies

The day I actually posted the first blog here I was very upset, frustrated, and screamed for a refund from WSP. Today I have recieved a confirmation email from digital river to apply for the refund, which I belive will be completed in the next couple of days.

I would like to thank digital river, and wsp pros for making this possible, I have not had the same service provided by other companies such as ulead. (that's a whole 'nother blog)

I am still very much looking forward to the next version of fusion, which I will undoubtablly donwload the trial version and experiment with first (if available) to be sure that any import issues do not arise before using. In all fairness to WSP this software is made to do a lot of things. Really a huge amount of different things, and it is very difficult to anticipate everything that end users will try to create with it.

Also everyone that is using fusion V8 to create brand new sites (not importing from previous versions) seem to be working fine, without any major issues.

I would also like to suggest that anyone who is considering new software to buy, check system requirements, refund policies, and browse through the support forums for that product extensively to see if there would be any issues that other people are having and how those problems were solved. (this has seved me from dishing out hundreds of dollars to Adobe over the years).

I would also like to thank all of those wonderful team netobjects and other users who provide user to user tips and help via the fusion support forums / newsgroups. As to where I find the newsgroups communications a little archaic compared to the vsbulleten and phb bulletin type forums that are currently accessible via the web, the newsgroups are accessable to the masses. (even though I have found sometimes difficulty located them, and subscribing to them, depending upong which computer configuration I am working on). It seems that the fine folks at www.gotfuion.com have created a slightly enhanced way to peruse the multitude of newsgroup forums dedicated to fusion.

thank you once again, and now the blogging can just go to little frustrations like not having an auto export to template backup option and how the heck to I add an inline video that will display the HxW ratio proportional and...

Why do I love to build web sites?

Suave1
who built his first web site around 1987, years before Al gore invented the internet ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home